Friday, January 6, 2012

First video, update


I think I'm getting closer to deciding on a topic for the larger documentary, but I'll do a few more interviews before I decide on a specific theme. Right now, I'm focusing on issues facing young people in four of the most fragile economies in Europe, including Portugal, Italy, Greece and Spain. I'm in Athens right now, and I'll be heading to Italy in about a week. 

Here's a video I did with a Portuguese student, Pedro, as he talked about how he and many of his peers are looking to leave Portugal after they graduate. He spoke of the "brain drain," the phenomenon of skilled workers leaving their home countries to find work, and therefore weakening their country's ability to deal with issues facing it. 


I interviewed a Greek law student last night, and I'll edit and post it in the coming weeks. Also coming up is a video with a Japanese classmate of mine, who talks about the experience of unemployed young people in Japan. 

During my trip through Greece, Italy and France, my girlfriend, Emma, and I will be working on a sort of photo/travel/food blog, which will include daily photos and insights from our travels as well as updates from my documentary project. I hope you'll find time to share this incredible experience with us. 

Soon, we'll be posting some photos from our travels so far, as well as some pictures we've taken after a couple days here in Athens. 

Don't touch that dial. 

No comments:

Post a Comment